The Department of Information Technology was created during November 2003. The Department was created with a view to promote the use of Information Technology (IT) and act as a promoter/facilitator in the field of Information Technology in the state and build an IT interface with the rest of the country and the world.
The department of Information Technology has been set up with the following function and duties :
1. Formulation of IT policy.
2. Secretariat of the IT council and the state level coordination committee for IT applications.
3. Planning of different IT related programme.
4. Coordination of all IT projects in the government.
5. Appraisal of new technologies and prescribing uniform standards......